I've been there. Quite recently, in fact. And afterwards I realized it was time to seriously think through some guidelines for social media.
These are some questions that I am going to use to evaluate the things I post on social media. I'm sharing them in the hopes that you might find them useful, too.
Before posting, ask yourself:
- Who might see this?
- What will this post/comment/status/tweet say about me? About my God?
- What is my motive for posting this - is it love? (If not love, then what?)
- Am I trying to make a point or make a difference?
- Will this post cause others to
- rejoice in the Lord?
- grow in their faith?
- become a better person?
- love others?
- have a better day?
- grow in their thinking?
- hinder the worship of God?
- lead to sin?