Monday, May 20, 2013

Twenty-five Reasons to Be Thankful



On my 25th birthday, here are 25 Reasons that I'm thankful:

  1. Jesus Christ. Without Him, this list would be meaningless.
  2. Katie. I am so thankful that I get to share every aspect of life with my best friend.
  3. Grayson. I get to try and imitate the Father's love for me by loving the son He's given me!
  4. My parents and siblings. The people God most used to shape who I am today.
  5. My extended family. Some of the branches on this family tree are a little odd... but what can I do?
  6. My spiritual heritage. I have been privileged to know some incredible men and women of God who have profoundly impacted my life.
  7. My friends. What a privilege to laugh and cry and have fun and make one another's lives better.
  8. My local church. No church is perfect (because churches tend to have Christians), but Lake Hills Baptist Church is wonderful church family to be a part of!
  9. My extended church family. In various times of living here and there, it's been a joy to join in worship with churches like Westport and Idlewild.
  10. Word of Life. What a great ministry that has been used of God in the lives of so many.
  11. The United States. A wicked and perverse nation to be sure, but one where freedom of religion gave me a chance to hear the Gospel.
  12. Health. Sometimes God blesses with illness, sometimes with health.
  13. Nature. What a beautiful glimpse into God's majesty!
  14. God's Sovereignty. I never have to worry about anything. Ever.
  15. God's Love. I don't deserve it - but His love is about His character, not my merit.
  16. Gifts and abilities. It is so cool to serve God in the unique way that He designed me to do so.
  17. Music. Beauty that mere words could not attain, at least not on their own.
  18. Stories. I love stories, because any good story reflects the one true Story.
  19. Coffee. I'm so grateful that God blessed us with the ability to extract liquid joy from those little beans.
  20. Florida. Why don't I live there again?
  21. The Internet.  I love participating in the exchange of ideas.
  22. Chicago. A cool city (to visit) and the home of my beloved Bears and Cubs.
  23. Summer.  A taste of what weather was like before the Fall. (Incidental pun.)
  24. Hope. Whether these 25 years God's given me are just the first 1/4 of my life, or whether I die tonight, I know my Redeemer lives and that I will live to enjoy Him forevermore.
  25. Dessert. Call me a fat kid, but it just seemed appropriate to end this list with some birthday cake.
So what are you thankful for today? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment