Friday, July 5, 2013

Weekly Recap

It has been a busy couple of weeks for me here, and I haven't had much time to keep up with writing. I plan on being back in full force next week. In the meantime, here are my top three favorite posts from the last two weeks.

A lot of Christians had a lot to say about the Supreme Court and DOMA last week. Unfortunately, a lot of what was said left me wishing that some Christians would just delete their social media profiles for the sake of Christ. However, there were a few voices with a gospel shaped perspective on the issue, and Trevin Wax wrote a must-read article on TGC that was (in my opinion) the best take on the whole issue:

Why Gay Marriage Is Good (and Bad) for the Church


On a more lighthearted note, Jon Acuff shared some "Worship Typos" that had me laughing out loud. I'm sure we've all had some similar experiences:

Top 16 Worship Typos

Finally, when it comes to youth ministry, much has been written about why young people are leaving the church. Jon Nielson approaches the issue from the opposite angle:

Common Traits of Youth Who Don't Leave the Church

No comments:

Post a Comment